Dr Elizabeth DuncanDoctor
- Can you tell us about your career ?
My lifelong career has been in Medicine. Initially I worked at the coalface as a GP. As I became more passionate about healthcare quality and standards, I moved into full-time clinical management. I have now retired from the NHS and am working part-time as a medical advisor on legal issues.
- What has been the highlight for you ?
Being part of the team who introduced a completely new form of healthcare into Scotland. As Deputy Medical Director of NHS 24, I was integrally involved in the development and set up of this innovative service.
- What would you tell your younger self ?
Go to bed early, exfoliate your face and always see the fun in situations, especially when the going gets tough.
- Does it matter to you where your clothes are made ?
Yes it does. Not just clothes, I prefer to buy local in all things and enjoy supporting my local community, where possible.
5. What do you look for in your 9 to 5 clothes ?
Classic design with a twist, quality fabric and comfortable to wear.
- Do you like your clothes to be multifunctional ?
Ideally, I like to flex work clothes into casual and vice versa
- What one piece would you invest in ?
A winter coat has always proven a good investment piece, in my experience
- Whose clothes style do you most admire ?
Carla Bruni, Samantha Cameron and my 2 daughters.
- Who is your favourite international designer ?
- Name one of your main priorities in life ?
Health and wellbeing.
11. What was the last good book you read ?
The girl on the train by Paula Hawkins
12. What do you do to relax ?
Can’t beat dinner with family and friends followed by exercise the next day to burn off the calories
13. Is there a female in public life that you admire and why ?
Michelle Obama – stylish, clever, assured yet relaxed. I think she would be the perfect dinner party guest